Hook up sound bar to cable box and smart tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanbais

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
I have a new Samsung smart T.V and a new Samsung sound bar. I also have a cable box. I ran an optical audio cord from the cable box to the sound bar. I ran an hdmi cord from the cable box to the tv. Sound and picture work fine. When I stream Netflix the sound does not work through the sound bar. If I plug in another hdmi cable from the tv to the sound bar it works for Netflix. However if that hdmi stays plugged in it overrides the cable box audio. I have to unplug the hdmi cord I plugged in for Netflix for the cable box audio to work. Is there anyway to wire everything so I don’t have to plug and unplug an hdmi cable every time I stream something? Please help, thanks!

ryanbais

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
Figured it out, thanks. I changed the tv sound output to the optical audio cord and that didn’t work by itself. Had to also change the cable box audio setting to hdmi our from Dolby. Thanks for the help!

scifijoey

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018

scifijoey

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
Make sure your TV's sound setting is set for "PCM" (Pulse Code Modulation). It should then work with most or all of your sound output sources. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.