Hooking up newer TV (KC32V1) to an old receiver Yamaha rxv4390

Jul 8, 2018
Good day, any tips are much appreciated I have spent hours trying to figure this out to no avail.
The receiver has no HDMI ports and the TV has a coax output and av/yPb/Pr outputs as well as HDMI which seem irrelevant as the old receiver doesn't. The coax input on the receiver is the old kind (without threads to screw in) while the newer TV has different threaded coax output.
I'm certain I have the Sony ss-fvs310 speaker system correctly wired into the receiver (1 center, 2 front and 2 back speakers). I don't have the subwoofer/receiver part of the Sony speaker system just the 5 speakers hooked directly into the Yamaha receiver.
I've tried hooking the red/white audio cables from ld/tv hookup on the receiver to the corresponding av red/white on the TV didn't work.
Im thinking it involves using the coaxial output from the TV into the coax input on the very old receiver but they are different hookups (threaded vs not threaded)
Thanks in advance for any tips

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kimber_Har Streaming Video & TVs 3
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
N Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question No picture issues hooking up my DVI desktop to HDMI TV.
When i hook my computer up to my tv thru my hdmi cable they do not match up. The computer will have one wallpaper on it and th
Trying to hook a Sony VCR to an Element tv to be able to record to a vhs
How do I hook up a older Yamaha receaver to a tcl 65 inch HD 4g tv
Hellen I have a Panasonic SA PT950 that's hooked up to my Emerson 55in, the aux sound from the tv doesn't work, but the sound
I have a LG 32 in TV with no audio out how do I hook this up to my receiver my receiver also has no HDMI
I have antenna hooked up to 3 TVs. 2 have all the channels but one is only getting CBS and fox. How do I fix this?
How do I hook up my Emerson vcr player to a Vizio tv
How Do you hook up a JVC dvd player to a JVC tv,without cable tv?
Hook cable to television
I have a Toshiba made in 2008 model 3 2av5 02u and we have it hooked up on a outside antenna and it is not picking up it says
How do I hook up my element to my onkyo
How to hook up a projector to a Blu-ray DVD player newer models
I have a rabbit ear antenna. Is there an adapter you can use to hook it up to my.TV is newer. Flatscreen 2014 Westinghouse
How do you hook up an older Sony home theater to a newer Samsung Blu-ray DVD to a Philips Smart TV
How to hook up an old VCR to a newer VISIO TV to record and playback
Can't hook up old HTS to newer TV to allow for Sky/Cable and Xbox, etc?
How to hook a JVC older model surround receiver to a newer LG TV?
Older TV with DVD player built in TV not working but has jacks on back of TV hooked up to newer DVD player with red white and
Hooking my newer tv to older stero receiver...

ASK THE COMMUNITY