HotKeys/F1-F12 Function setting not staying set

Beth_12

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
Hi. I need use of my F1-F12 keys at all times when working. Every time I shut down/restart I need to go into Lenovo settings, Function Keys and click from HotKeys to F1-F12.
However, tonight I did this and the F1-F12 function key setting is not staying/working. I've restarted, shut down, etc., and still no help. I cannot get this function to stay. Every time I go back into the setting is automatically sets itself back to the HotKeys function. And help would be greatly appreciated!!

Solution
I am assuming you are trying to use them without having to press the fn key all the time? Or are you trying to change what their settings are, making them different functions?

Do you have an fn lock key? and if so, is it set to lock? This should allow it to keep them as they are when you make them what you want.

Also, you have the option to change how they work in BIOS, on some computers. You could try there.

I am assuming you are trying to use them without having to press the fn key all the time? Or are you trying to change what their settings are, making them different functions?

Do you have an fn lock key? and if so, is it set to lock? This should allow it to keep them as they are when you make them what you want.

Also, you have the option to change how they work in BIOS, on some computers. You could try there.

Solution