How are Emerson tvs from experience?

ViddyD

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Okay, pretty everyone hates Emerson. They're supposedly unreliable, I get it. But to the true Emerson tv owners out there, what have your experiences been? How long have these tvs (specifically plasma/lcd/led tvs) lasted you? Ever have any major issues with them?

read a few customer reviews and you will see some of the flaws.

basically emerson has crap customer service and warranty service.

combined with a television that is cheaply produced and has a high chance of failure.

this is not to say that the television wont last you a really long time. it very well could but the chance of a problem is higher. if you are fine with that and if it ever breaks you would just replace it anyways since it is so cheap then go for it.

again... i suggest you read some reviews on amazon, newegg, best buy and search for "emerson reliability" and "emerson problems" on google. quite alot of information can be found doing that .

sorry i dont own an emerson... i buy the more expensive brands for the reasons i mentioned above.

ViddyD

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
I tried Googling a bunch of stuff but only found people talking about how they perceived Emerson to be bad based on reputation. So at BEST, it's all third-hand to me. There are hardly any, if any, actual testimonials. I even tried consumeraffairs.com but that read equally horrible for any brand I inquired about. For example, Samsung has about 5X as many bad reviews as Emerson. In fact, I looked up every tv brand I could think of and none had above 1.2 out of 5 stars. I understand the hypothesis, I just want the facts.

I tried looking on Amazon and Newegg, but Emerson has very little samples to sift through when compared to brands like Samsung and Sharp, making the comparison unreliable. Ultimately, any brand will have tons of negative reviews about how tvs die and whatnot. I did find one Emerson tv with a lot of negative reviews on Amazon, but it was one older model much different than the one I was looking at, and I understand that any brand can have duds they recall. Yeah, I know, "hint hint," but even brands like Sony, Sanyo and Panasonic had multiple units with many negative reviews like that on Amazon. Samsung and LG had generally good reviews, though, but I know Amazon has a history of deleting bad reviews with certain brands so I consider them a compromised litmus test (as the same with review sites like consumerreports, which are known to commit extortion).

Like I said, I just want to hear it from the horse's mouth. If nobody comes forward with testimonies, so be it.