How can I add wireless surround speakers to my existing 5.1 setup?

volcs0

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
I have a wired setup for my front channels, center, and sub.

I'd like to add wireless surround speakers.

I think it would be an option to use a 2-channel line output converter and a set of wireless speakers.

But that seems pretty kludgy. Isn't there something specific for this indication?

I want to hook my surround sound speaker outs into some sort of transmitter and then have the surround as wireless. I'd also like to have the volume controlled by the main receiver controller as well.

Thanks for the help.

Solution
If you don't have line level surround outputs you will need a speaker to line level converter to connect the transmitter for your wireless speakers. No way around that. No one makes a combo of these functions to my knowledge.
The receiver will control the volume of the input to the transmitter. You would turn the speakers own volume up as far as you can until you hear some background noise out of the speakers. You would have to redo the speaker level adjustments to get the system balanced again. I would get a speaker to line level with level controls built in just in case you need to make sure that you don't overload the transmitter input.
If you don't have line level surround outputs you will need a speaker to line level converter to connect the transmitter for your wireless speakers. No way around that. No one makes a combo of these functions to my knowledge.
The receiver will control the volume of the input to the transmitter. You would turn the speakers own volume up as far as you can until you hear some background noise out of the speakers. You would have to redo the speaker level adjustments to get the system balanced again. I would get a speaker to line level with level controls built in just in case you need to make sure that you don't overload the transmitter input.

Solution

volcs0

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008

Thanks. This makes perfect sense.

This is the receiver - so, no line-level output.

http://