How can I connect my PS4 to my PC speakers and have them play audio simultaneously?

Remer

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
So I've got a setup similar to this guy's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIzQNWcQjeI

The speakers I have don't have any inputs, just one 3.5mm output that is supposed to be plugged into the PC. My original solution was to simply get a splitter (this one) and have both the PS4 (with a bunch of adapters that take it from optical to 3.5mm) and the speaker's 3.5mm cord plugged into the splitter and have the male end of the splitter plugged into my PC. It worked!.... sort of. Audio is distorted from both sources and volume fluctuates based on whether or not PC or PS4 is turned off. So basically not a solution at all.

There must be a way to do this. Nothing is impossible! Any ideas?

In order to have both going you would probably need a mixer.

Probably is the PC is putting out a amplified signal to some extent, the PS4 isn't. The level's probably aren't match. And right in the link for your audio splitter it says "Not for mixing or combining audio sources" and what are you trying to do, mix and combine audio sources.......

Remer

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

They actually added that to the name after I bought it because someone complained haha. What does using a mixer involve? Is it expensive? I'm a complete audio novice.

Remer

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

So I don't have to get on my knees behind my computer to switch cables any time I wanna start up Bloodborne, and then have to do it again if I want to put up a Youtube guide or something while I'm playing. Doesn't seem like that strange of a request to me.