Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick2sick

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
I got a
MTk6589 Cpu
SGX544 GPU
And i have like 1 gigs left on internal storage but my sd card has like 7 gigs left in it
My device is rooted and on settings i got the Deafult Write Disk setted to SD card.
Now my question is if i start downloading from playstore will it download on internal storage or sd card ?

Solution
The game or app you are downloading will be automatically installed to the phone's main storage system. The only way to transfer this game or app to your SD card is to download and install it first, and then move it after, using the phone's settings system. For an explanation on how to do this, please post your version of Android. If I have answered your question, please consider selecting it as the best solution.
G

I despise smartphones in general, so I'm no expert on this subject - and with Andoid it can vary depending on the manufacturers version.

However, it is possible to move certain apps over to SD storage from within the Settings under Apps. Select the title and there should be an option to move it to the SD. If it's greyed out, then the phone presumably won't allow it. This usually isn't an issue with just games.

Slick2sick

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
exatly :/ the things gets installed to my internal storage but after its installed i can move to sd card AND I CAN cos its rooted but my internal storage cant handle a 1.8 gig game or 1.1gig game :/ cos its like 800 mb left

KarbonTiger

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
The game or app you are downloading will be automatically installed to the phone's main storage system. The only way to transfer this game or app to your SD card is to download and install it first, and then move it after, using the phone's settings system. For an explanation on how to do this, please post your version of Android. If I have answered your question, please consider selecting it as the best solution.

Solution

barel0702500

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
Once you set the "DEFAULT WRITE DISK" to SD card the data of the app/Game will be in folder sdcard<Android<obb and folder with strange name inside folder you will find file "example.obb".
If you dwn. from Play Store it first dwn. the obb data of app

Maurice p

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
We'll to make it simple go to your files, not setting but files. And then click device, once you click that it should have an option of data and obb. And just click data or obb, which both of those folder may contain games, or files you may want move to sd card. So after that all you gotta do is click the move to arrow, which will look like this

Shazam360

Estimable
Jul 31, 2015

Not true as I'm typing this my phone has 200Mb internal storage but 29Gb storage in the SD Card I an installing asphalt 8 and there are no problems. So if there isn't room in the internal storage and the app is able to used properly from the SD Card It WILL install directly to the SD Card as I am doing right noe

MyWolvrine

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015

I tried to do same thing I have 30 g in ad card and internal 2 g so after I installed it. It was on internal storage. Then try move to sd. It only moved the game not it's additional files. So I had 1.45. G on internal and about 100 mg on ad. So it wasn't fully set up on ad. I have HTC m8. Btw

KILLARUDD1

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

Michael_370

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

Tanya_9

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
Got good news... If u r an Lg person. Like me with a ner Lg stylus 2plus... Been playing around everywhere n found a way to get it all to r sd card... If u have lg back up... Its a app that comes with the phone...go on there n press back up my phone now n its pretty self explanitory from there. Hope this helped:)

Rupesh_8

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

vegatroz

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

I am curious how to do that. My LG stylus is such a dwarf in internal storage, it just has 8GB. Other spec of the phone is great enough to play big games, but without adequate internal storage they are useless. I think android phone should has at least 16GB to play more.

Rupesh_8

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

Rupesh_8

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

Dec 21, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.