Solved! How can I keep my pc on all the times with my APC BX-650-CI?

Lasha_3

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
Hello

When PowerChute shuts down my pc, it does not automatically turn it on after the power goes on.

My PC is configured in a way, that it automatically turns on if it gets connected to the power, but if it was shut down when it was connected to the power and was not get disconnected, it does not turn automatically on.

Here is my problem:
Sometimes when power goes off PowerChute shuts down my pc, but my UPC keeps providing it with power and when the power goes back, it does not turn on, because it was already connected to the power.

But I want my PC to be on all the times when there is power supply.

I think, those solutions would help, but I can not seem to configure my APC this way:
1) If my APC stopped providing power (until the lights turn on) as soon as PowerChute shuts it down and reconnect it to the power supply when the lights turn on.
2) UPS must somehow turn my pc on back when the lights turn on.

How can I do it? Is it possible with my UPC? I have I have BX650-CI.
Thanks.

p.s I would like to move this thread to components section, looks like I did not chose the section correctly :)

Solution
I haven't worked with PowerChute for like 20 years. Back then there was an option in configuration for PowerChute to shut down the UPS as well when the computer goes down.

Lasha_3

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017

Lasha_3

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017

New PowerChute does not have this option. I will try to install 20 years old version and will see if it pops up :D

I will send this question to APC and will see if they reply back.

If it does not work I will try to set up Wake On Lan, or Power on by RTC functions. Glad, that my motherboard supports those options.