How can I retrieve missing pictures from my hard drive?

G

I have missing Pictures from my Hard drive that show a file and it comes up in Kodak program but disappears. How can I get them back?

G

See if you can find them using My Computer or Search and then use Windows Paint or Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to open them.

Also check that the entry in the Kodak program isn't just a link to a picture that's still on the camera -- connect the camera.

forres30

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
can you be a bit more precise? I also have Kodak easyshare and have the pictures appearing for a seocnd or 2 then the picture diappears and a zig zag line appears in its place. I cannot find the pictures anywhere. The camera doesn't have any pictures on it. I am sure tha tI accidentally did sometihng stupid, put thme in the recycling bin then deleted that too. Will the pictures still be on my pc somewhere or will they still be on the memory card??????? Any ideas, starting to get desperate!

G

The Kodak program may just be complicating things by retaining an entry for an image which you have deleted. So the reliable way to check whether the pictures still exist it to go to the basics.

Windows Search will look through the hard drive (and the camera if you connect it by USB) but it helps to have either a file extension for it to work with or a filename (or part of the file name). So if the Kodak program is displaying file names, note some down and then close the Kodak program and go to Search.