How can i test my GTX 960M with userbenchmark

becast

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Hello everybody, I hope you all are doing great.

I am trying to test my gpu with userbenchmark but it tests the integrated graphics, not the gtx 960m.

I am using a lenovo y50.

I tried going to the nvidia settings and set manage global settings in 3d settings to high performance nvidia and still doe snot work.

I am not sure where to switch so userbenchmark can do the test with the gtx960m.

Also, if I install a game how do i make the game run on the gtx 960m

If someone know what can i do, thank you

Solution
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht051526

You have to add the program to the Optimus list so it enables the GPU switch.

Other:
If thinking of upgrading to Windows 10 then investigate if that will work properly. It's not an issue without Optimus but I can't find any information so make sure you know how to do that before upgrading.

Probably no info until August since I don't think W10 Preview supports Optimus. We should see support for the RTM version. Not sure if NVidia Optimus is part of drivers or a separate download. Perhaps your laptop support site gives a clue to that.
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht051526

You have to add the program to the Optimus list so it enables the GPU switch.

Other:
If thinking of upgrading to Windows 10 then investigate if that will work properly. It's not an issue without Optimus but I can't find any information so make sure you know how to do that before upgrading.

Probably no info until August since I don't think W10 Preview supports Optimus. We should see support for the RTM version. Not sure if NVidia Optimus is part of drivers or a separate download. Perhaps your laptop support site gives a clue to that.

Solution

becast

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Hi, thank you but it did not work this way.

Are there other ways to test the graphics card?

Also, when the time comes to install a game, what do i have to do then so the game runs in that video card?