How can i update BIOS (Lenovo ideapad Z510) with weak battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asad Gilani

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
hi...i really need to update the BIOS because my cpu is stuck at 0.77 Ghz and only solution is to upgrade BIOS....but when i start upgrading the BIOS it gives me an error message that battery is below 30% and upgrade wont start....plz help me how can i bypass this error....battery replacement is a problem for me....so i need to bypass this issue....plz help.

Solution
As long as the laptop is plugged into a working power outlet, it should not be an issue. Maybe your charger/power supply is failing.

Asad Gilani

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
guys this cpu under-clocking is an issue related to z510 and it could only be resolved by updating bios....And yes laptop is connected to AC power but battery shows 1% and the update is not starting because it says battery should be at least 30%....so i need a solution to bypass that....

ffg7

Splendid
latop has 2 batteries, cmos battery & main battery. the cmos battery is inside the laptop somewhere making it hard to find & remove wereas the main battery is plugged into the side or the bottom & by releasing a slide latch, it will pop out.

clutchc

Distinguished

That's why I suggested that the power supply/charger is not working. Remove the battery and see if it will start when it is plugged into the outlet. My Lenovo Thinkpad starts/runs w/o a battery.

Ebin__

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
Hello bro, here is the solution to your question.

1. download the firmware file from lenovo .
The file name is 8dcn40ww.exe.
2. Install winrar.
3. Right click on the downloaded file and click extract to folder.
4. Among the extracted files u will find a file named 'platform.ini'
5. Open it in note pad.

u will find the following lines in the file: -
{
; Supports on DOS WIN SHELL flash.
[AC_Adapter]
Flag=1
BatteryCheck=1
BatteryBound=30
LauncherAcWarning=messagestringA02
SecurityAcWarning=messagestringA02
}

change it to;-

{
; Supports on DOS WIN SHELL flash.
[AC_Adapter]
Flag=1
BatteryCheck=0
BatteryBound=30
LauncherAcWarning=messagestringA02
SecurityAcWarning=messagestringA02
}

6. Save the file
7.Among the extracted files, u will find a file names 'InsydeFlash.exe' . Execute it

Thats all , now the installation will proceed without battery check

Cheers , let me know if it helped :)

MaRiNeR233

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016

all fine until the laptop restarts to do the bios update. it says update failure due to low battery level.
also tried to change the batterybound value to =0 , also failure to update due to no battery found
any suggestions ?
p.s : sorry for my weak language

Status
Not open for further replies.