How can I use both my headphones and my mic at the same time?

ThePcNewbie321

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
The external mic I'm using is the blue yeti, and I have razer kraken v2 headphones.The headphones already have a mic on them and when I plug both the kraken and the blue yeti in I can only use the kraken.The blue yeti has a headphone jack in it but its for 3.5mm and the kraken has a USB cable so i cant connect it.What do I do? I want to be able to use the headphones but not the mic that comes with it, the mic I want to use is the blue yeti.Turning the mic off on the headphones dosent do anything other than turning it off, it still makes the yeti unusable.

Solution
If you go to the sound configuration in windows (right click in the icon in the windows bar), in recording devices it should show both microphones, you can disable the one from the kraken or simply make the yeti the predefined one

MasterWigu

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
If you go to the sound configuration in windows (right click in the icon in the windows bar), in recording devices it should show both microphones, you can disable the one from the kraken or simply make the yeti the predefined one

Solution
Nov 6, 2018

i have a usb headphone whose mic is faulty and isnt working. i purchased an external 3.5mm jack mic and plugged it in on pink port. i have disabled the mic of headphone and enabled the external mic and also have made it default device. i also have checked to listen button but all i can hear is a hissing sound thats it. external mic is not faulty i know it but is not working on pc. i also tried it with audicity software but it is not working at all. all i want to ask is that if there is a way to make mic work other than making it default and checking it that it is not muted and all. or the answer is simply no .. that i cant use any external mic with my usb headset.? help me plz