How can I use Wharfdale towers both with my Denon Reciever for Movies and Onkyo Stereo Amp for my turntable?

Ngriff6825

Prominent
May 9, 2017
How can I use my Denon AVR-2313CI Reciever for TV surround sound and Onkyo A-9050 Stereo Amplifier for my turntable. I have Wharfdale Diamond 10.1 towers I would like to utilize for both uses. Can I use the pre outs on the Denon and send the signal to the Onkyo for surround and then just change the source on the Onkoy when I want to listen to records? Don't want to just scrap the Onkyo and get a pre-amp for the Denon (doesn't have phono), as the Onkyo sounds great with vinyl.

Also, I would like to bi-amp the towers, as both receivers are capable of doing it and it sounds great. I saw that there are Amp A/B / Speaker switches, but didn't see one that would let me Bi-Amp.

Any thoughts?

Solution
Connect the turntable to the phono input on the Onkyo.
Connect the line out of the Onkyo to any line level analog input on the Denon. If you use the preamp out the volume control of the Onkyo is in the circuit. Not needed and potentially worse sounding.
Done.
The Onkyo by the way can't biamp the speakers. It does have terminals for two pairs of speakers but only two amplifiers. The Denon having multiple amps will let you use 4 of them to drive the front speakers. You will need two pairs of speaker cables and have to remove the jumpers on the terminals of the speakers.
Connect the turntable to the phono input on the Onkyo.
Connect the line out of the Onkyo to any line level analog input on the Denon. If you use the preamp out the volume control of the Onkyo is in the circuit. Not needed and potentially worse sounding.
Done.
The Onkyo by the way can't biamp the speakers. It does have terminals for two pairs of speakers but only two amplifiers. The Denon having multiple amps will let you use 4 of them to drive the front speakers. You will need two pairs of speaker cables and have to remove the jumpers on the terminals of the speakers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS