How Can I Wipe All Data from My Tablet/Mobile?

How Can I Wipe All Data from My Tablet/Mobile?

After using your tablet for quite a while and adding or removing files from its storage, you might start experiencing its reduced performance. There can be several reasons for this, such as excessive odex files, completely filled up cache and dalvik cache, very less or absolutely no free space in the internal storage, etc.
Regardless of the reason for the decreased performance, the first thing that you should do to get the original speed of your mobile/tablet back is to free up some space on the device. You can free the space on your device and increase its performance at the same time by resetting your mobile/tablet to the factory settings.

Many devices, such as Samsung Galaxy GT – N8000 remove all system files from its internal memory when it is reset to the factory settings. However it does not remove any user data such as saved video files, music files, documents, etc. In order to remove the personal files as well, you must perform the removal task manually.

Below is the process that will allow you to reset your mobile/tablet to the factory settings, and wipe all the user data manually with a single click:

1. ■Make sure that you have backed up all your important information to a safe place.
    ■Start the mobile/tablet from which you want to remove all the data.
    ■Tap the app drawer.
    ■From the displayed list, tap the Settings icon.
    ■From the left pane, tap the Backup and reset option.
    ■From the right pane, uncheck the Back up my data and Automatic restore checkboxes by tapping on them.

01-uncheckcheckboxes_tha_us_1376370347_w_600.png

■Once done, tap the Factory data reset option.
    ■On the next window that appears, tap Reset device.

02-resetdevice_tha_us_1376370371_w_600.png

■Let the device prepare itself, reset, and reboot.
    ■After the reboot, prepare the device for your use by following the initial setup instructions that are displayed on the screen.

Once the entire process is complete, you can then manually remove the personal files from the device by following the steps below:

1. ■Make sure that you have backed up all your important information to a safe place.
    ■Start the mobile/tablet from which you want to remove the files.
    ■Tap the app drawer.
    ■From the displayed list, tap the Settings icon.
    ■From the left pane, tap the Storage option.
    ■From the right pane, tap Miscellaneous files option.
    ■On the opened box, click the checkboxes representing the folders that contain the unwanted files by tapping on them.
    ■Once all the desired containers are selected, tap the dustbin icon to remove the unwanted contents.

03-removeotherfiles_tha_us_1376370513_w_600.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.