How can transfer contacts or at least list them for manual entry?

Nov 18, 2019
Old LG flip phone was dropped and tore ribbon cable so that screen (top of flip) is dead. Phone still works, however, as it can make and receive calls. Micro usb to usb cable hooks up with computer and shows that it's there. If you can, where or how would access the data? Previous thread I saw required one to access the screen and enable development or something. That, obviously can't happen here. Thanks!!!!

I'm fairly certain this can't be done without being seeing the screen even if you know your way around the phone from when it worked. Try buying another broken identical model which has problems apart from the screen, then you get a new ribbon cable.

I think what you wanted to do is to become a Developer and that entails being Rooted. When you complete Root, you have to go into Settings>More>About Device>Build Number. Tap it seven times and you become a Developer and you have a new folder named Developer Options.

All that said, it might differ in older versions of Android.

Then you would have to download a Terminal Emulator which gives you access to the black and white stuff, also known as Command Line.

Post back if you get that far and, hopefully, I'll give the commands you'll need.