Solved! How can you use your chromebook as a tv?

Nov 13, 2018
How can you use your chromebook as a tv?you keep saying that you can't screen mirror from your xbox to your pc, but you can. an HDMI built-in adapter is ALWAYS two-way. I use my windows computer like this all the time. but how do you do it with chromebook?

Solution

You have your XBOX connected to your computer or your monitor? Don't confuse your monitor for the computer itself. There may also be some all in one desktops that have a video input, but those are not laptops. if you have an HDMI capture card that would also work to get some video input to a computer, but I don't think there are any capture cards that work with chromebooks.

There are only a few laptop models made that have HDMI inputs, only ones I know of are a few...

USAFRet

Illustrious

I don't know where you got your info, but HDMI is NOT always bi-directional.

Corwin65

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015

OP is probably mirroring on Monitor not PC as it's usually not bi-directional.

You have your XBOX connected to your computer or your monitor? Don't confuse your monitor for the computer itself. There may also be some all in one desktops that have a video input, but those are not laptops. if you have an HDMI capture card that would also work to get some video input to a computer, but I don't think there are any capture cards that work with chromebooks.

There are only a few laptop models made that have HDMI inputs, only ones I know of are a few Alienware models.

Solution