How connect LG tv and Samsung sound bar.

catrat

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
I bought these at Best Buy this week -the tv on line and sound bar at the store. I did not think I needed to coordinate the purchase to be sure the devices were compatible.

Can you tell me how to connect:

• Samsung HW-K450 2.1 Channel 300 Watt Wireless Audio Soundbar (2016 Model)

• 40" LG 1080 HDTV. Model: 40LH5300SKU: 5042201

Solution
Hello there.

Your setup is perfectly compatible with each other. You will simply need to connect it like this.

Cable/Satellite Box -> HDMI Cable -> Sound bar HDMI IN
then:
Soundbar HDMI OUT -> HDMI cable -> TV HDMI IN

I think this TV does not have an ARC so it's pretty much the only way to connect the soundbar to it. If you need to connect another source, such as a PS4/xbox/blu-ray, simply connect the console to the TV directly using HDMI, and connect an optical cable from the console/blu-ray to the soundbar.

You can always use a wireless/automatic HDMI switch on the HDMI IN of the soundbar if you want to add more than 2 devices. These do not cost a lot, less than 20$ usually.

Hello there.

Your setup is perfectly compatible with each other. You will simply need to connect it like this.

Cable/Satellite Box -> HDMI Cable -> Sound bar HDMI IN
then:
Soundbar HDMI OUT -> HDMI cable -> TV HDMI IN

I think this TV does not have an ARC so it's pretty much the only way to connect the soundbar to it. If you need to connect another source, such as a PS4/xbox/blu-ray, simply connect the console to the TV directly using HDMI, and connect an optical cable from the console/blu-ray to the soundbar.

You can always use a wireless/automatic HDMI switch on the HDMI IN of the soundbar if you want to add more than 2 devices. These do not cost a lot, less than 20$ usually.

Solution

catrat

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016