How Did Obama Watch the Osama Raid Live?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonic13

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
enlighten me fyasko what is the point of this whole fiasco then? Was Obama sad and needed to be cheered up by the american public? Or perhaps he was bored in office one day and thought "hm, what would be a fun hoax to pull on the entire world, oh ya that Osama guy who died a while ago! lets say that the Navy SEALS went into his "compound" and killed him, I sure hope those ever smart conspirators dont figure this one out!"

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]pythonic13[/nom]enlighten me fyasko what is the point of this whole fiasco then? Was Obama sad and needed to be cheered up by the american public? Or perhaps he was bored in office one day and thought "hm, what would be a fun hoax to pull on the entire world, oh ya that Osama guy who died a while ago! lets say that the Navy SEALS went into his "compound" and killed him, I sure hope those ever smart conspirators dont figure this one out!"[/citation]

You do realize that they left a helo behind?

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/05/02/356142/photo-crashed-helicopter-in-bin-laden-raid-revealed.html

Its like the moon landing conspiracy folks who conveniently ignore that the rover is still there.

craighay

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
@txsouthpaw - Thanks for the reasonable attitude and sorry for the stick . Peace to all on the thread, and try not to abuse each other. The message is simple - don't be gullible. People lie unfortunately, and government high-ups are champion liars, that's just plain to see. "I did not have sex with that girl" etc.. All through history, leaders and their toadies have lied and colluded for power & money. Big Business, Big Government, much the same thing. Anyway, I leave you with this: This Osama 'kill' thing, the whole 'war on terror thing', patriot acts 1&2, the TSA, Homeland Security, FEMA, the people running it all, it's got me thinking....

If most people today were transported back in time to Germany, 1933, most would not have recognized the danger Hitler presented to the country... it was like this...

Want a little more insight on individual German accounts of how they felt and acted during the hitler years,here’s an excerpt:
“What no one seemed to notice,” said a colleague of mine, a philologist, “was the ever widening gap, after 1933, between the government and the people. Just think how very wide this gap was to begin with, here in Germany. And it became always wider. You know, it doesn’t make people close to their government to be told that this is a people’s government, a true democracy, or to be enrolled in civilian defense, or even to vote. All this has little, really nothing, to do with knowing one is governing.
“What happened here was the gradual habituation of the people, little by little, to being governed by surprise; to receiving decisions deliberated in secret; to believing that the situation was so complicated that the government had to act on information which the people could not understand, or so dangerous that, even if the people could not understand it, it could not be released because of national security. And their sense of identification with Hitler, their trust in him, made it easier to widen this gap and reassured those who would otherwise have worried about it.
“This separation of government from people, this widening of the gap, took place so gradually and so insensibly, each step disguised (perhaps not even intentionally) as a temporary emergency measure or associated with true patriotic allegiance or with real social purposes. And all the crises and reforms (real reforms, too) so occupied the people that they did not see the slow motion underneath, of the whole process of government growing remoter and remoter…..
…Most of us did not want to think about fundamental things and never had. There was no need to. Nazism gave us some dreadful, fundamental things to think about—we were decent people—and kept us so busy with continuous changes and ‘crises’ and so fascinated, yes, fascinated, by the machinations of the ‘national enemies,’ without and within, that we had no time to think about these dreadful things that were growing, little by little, all around us. Unconsciously, I suppose, we were grateful. Who wants to think?
“To live in this process is absolutely not to be able to notice it—please try to believe me—unless one has a much greater degree of political awareness, acuity, than most of us had ever had occasion to develop. Each step was so small, so inconsequential, so well explained or, on occasion, ‘regretted,’ that, unless one were detached from the whole process from the beginning, unless one understood what the whole thing was in principle, what all these ‘little measures’ that no ‘patriotic German’ could resent must some day lead to, one no more saw it developing from day to day than a farmer in his field sees the corn growing. One day it is over his head."

Status
Not open for further replies.