How do I change from start up error message trying to reboot from disk drive instead of hard drive

Marshafaye

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
My Computer after trying to reboot....is asking for insert system disk. I don't have. I don't see how to get it to quit trying looking at that drive and restart. HELP

popatim

Splendid
If you are trying to boot from something other then the internal HDD/SSD boot drive then during post (same time that you can press Del to enter setup) you can press an F-key that allows you to select which drive you want to boot from. Which f-key depends on the bios but it will tell you at the bottom of the screen where the enter setup message is also.

popatim

Splendid
If you are trying to boot from something other then the internal HDD/SSD boot drive then during post (same time that you can press Del to enter setup) you can press an F-key that allows you to select which drive you want to boot from. Which f-key depends on the bios but it will tell you at the bottom of the screen where the enter setup message is also.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Uditbh Laptop Tech Support 0
dclxvi13 Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 1
Ramon3 Laptop Tech Support 1
GJG10 Laptop Tech Support 3
Karan666 Laptop Tech Support 1
Warmachine201273 Laptop Tech Support 2
Djimsy1993 Laptop Tech Support 0