How do I clear a Toshiba Laptop if the 0 command doesn't work?

chai101

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
I am trying to clear my parent's old Toshiba Satellite pro, but when I try to use the 0 key when restarting it the warning screen doesn't come up and it doesn't make a beeping sound. Instead the Windows Boot Manager screen comes up telling me to chose the Microsoft Windows Vista OS. When I select that, it goes to the Windows error recovery page, and only gives options to restart Windows. Also, if I press the f8 button when in the Windows Boot Manager page, it takes me to the Advanced Boot Options page, however it doesn't give me an option to repair my computer, which is not helpful at all because I want to wipe the computer.

Hi,

If nothing happens when you press 0 during boot up that means that the built in factory image of your laptop might have been damaged or corrupted already. There's another way on how you can wipe your laptop clean but it would require you to go inside windows. In Advance Boot Option select "Safe Mode" then once in safe mode follow these steps.
- Click Start
- Then search for Reset and select Remove everything and reinstall Windows from the search result.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, Click Get Started
- On the Reset you PC screen click Next.

chai101

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
Hi,

I restarted my laptop in safe mode, clicked Start and searched for reset but the search didn't bring up 'Remove everything and reinstall Windows' (I also tried to find this through an advanced search).
Is there another way for me to bring up this option?