Solved! How do I connect 1 input to multiple Bluetooth Speaker output (3+)

Dec 4, 2020
This situation is similar to:

I have a few bluetooth speakers that I've collected over the years (mostly gifts).
Since I have all these bluetooth speakers, what I'd like to do is create a surround sound (kind of) system.
I'm not looking for directional sounds or specific sounds to come out from certain speakers.
I'd just like to be able to hear my music from all around.

I've experimented with my phone and it can connect to only 2 devices at once.
I've looked around a bit, and it seems many of the bluetooth transmitters can only do this amount as well.

I understand that buying the same speakers, like the JBL Charge, does allow for this.
However, since they're all different brands and styles, this won't work for me.

I've attached a diagram (a paint masterpiece) as a rough example what I may be looking for.
speaker-system-diagram.png

I'll have some sort of music player (phone, computer, etc...) connected to a bluetooth transmitter.
This connection does not have to be bluetooth.
Then the transmitter connects via bluetooth to multiple bluetooth speakers.

I'm open to putting things together and building something up. But nothing too difficult. I do work in IT, but AV is a little out of my realm.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I do understand that the best way is to have multiple bluetooth speakers of the same make or brand that can pair multiple.

Is there really no other way?

You were not able to find a way, I don't know of any way past built-in support for speaker grouping, so seems there is really no other way.

I guess you can use an audio splitter with each output going to a bluetooth transmitter, each connecting to a speaker, but then you will have all sorts of issues like with latency when they get audio at different times or power up and connect at different times, not to mention for the cost and hassle you may as well just buy a few speakers that are built to work together. You don't need more than two speakers to fill a room with audio...
Dec 4, 2020
You will need to buy speakers that can be paired together from the manufacturer in more than one or two sets. Two speakers with 360 surround like a UE boom would be fine for getting a room filled with sound.

I do understand that the best way is to have multiple bluetooth speakers of the same make or brand that can pair multiple.

You were not able to find a way, I don't know of any way past built-in support for speaker grouping, so seems there is really no other way.

I guess you can use an audio splitter with each output going to a bluetooth transmitter, each connecting to a speaker, but then you will have all sorts of issues like with latency when they get audio at different times or power up and connect at different times, not to mention for the cost and hassle you may as well just buy a few speakers that are built to work together. You don't need more than two speakers to fill a room with audio, especially the 360 degree speakers. One at each end, the sound will be coming from all directions like you seem to want it.

Solution
Dec 4, 2020

I guess you can use an audio splitter with each output going to a bluetooth transmitter, each connecting to a speaker, but then you will have all sorts of issues like with latency when they get audio at different times or power up and connect at different times, not to mention for the cost and hassle you may as well just buy a few speakers that are built to work together. You don't need more than two speakers to fill a room with audio, especially the 360 degree speakers. One at each end, the sound will be coming from all directions like you seem to want it.

Much appreciated on the advice!