How Do I Connect My A/V Receiver to a Projector With a VGA Input

Paul K

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Hello. I have an Onkyo Nr 414 receiver with 4 hdmi inputs and one hdmi output. I have a LG dvd player connected to the receiver with hdmi. Now I want to connect the receiver hdmi output to my old Benq provector which has a vga input. At present I get sound when the dvd is playing. Will a hdmi to vga cable wwork and give me a picture or do I need a more syphisticated converter?

Thanks for any help.

Paul

thently

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I did this just recently so I will give you the good and bad. There is an HDMI to VGA powered converter that you can use for this it does work and it gives me a good picture. Now the down side unless you have a HD projector the sides of an HD picture (I am using a comcast HD cablebox) are chopped off. So I can use the zoom feature to get the whole picture with everything looking squished or normal and the sides get cut off :/. There might be an adapter that works better than the one I have but that is what I have run into. In the end it is still worth it though 10 foot hd tv fun for football ect... :)

Thent

Paul K

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

Thanks jim. I bought a HDMI to VGA converter from Amazon. I will let you know how this works out after I receive it and hook it up.

Paul

Paul K

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anti-Gravity Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2