How do I connect my new LG TV to my old Sony stereo? The TV has optical digital audio out and the stereo has RCA input.

saltygarlicballs

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
I followed the advice to connect a Y splitter into the headphone jack on TV but found I literally had to turn up my stereo to 100% to hear. I am wondering 1. is there some kind of trick so it will come thru louder? and 2. Would going the optical to RCA converter route give me better sound?

Phil1989

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Assuming you have a stereo component(with own power supply) choose either to turn the stereo volume at 100% and make your tv volume your primary adjuster. or turn your tv volume at 100% and make your stereo component your primary volume adjuster. If your stereo doesn't have its own power supply (Meaning it doesn't have its own amplifier), buy one. lets say headphones requires 5V supply that a TV can give but a stereo(Speakers only) needs more than 5V.

Phil1989

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Assuming you have a stereo component(with own power supply) choose either to turn the stereo volume at 100% and make your tv volume your primary adjuster. or turn your tv volume at 100% and make your stereo component your primary volume adjuster. If your stereo doesn't have its own power supply (Meaning it doesn't have its own amplifier), buy one. lets say headphones requires 5V supply that a TV can give but a stereo(Speakers only) needs more than 5V.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 8
282aviral Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
SnazzyS Laptop Tech Support 10
ggggggggggunit Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 2
emrahhdr Laptop Tech Support 2
Philipowl Laptop Tech Support 0
V Laptop Tech Support 0
aparky42 Laptop Tech Support 1