How do I connect my new Samsung Smart TV to my old Technics sound systems DVD player?

MargaretFawkes

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
Trying to connect my new Samsung Smart TV to my Technics DVD player on my sound system and the surround sound system. I used to connect it with a circular plug with four pins inside it, straight from the DVD player, into the matching socket on the side of my old Samsung tv.

Solution
Ok. Your TV does not support any composite, Svideo (that circular plug with four pins), or component signal. Your DVD only had composite (yellow white red) and S-video (4-pin). Your only way of connecting your DVD player is to use a svideo/composite to HDMI converter.

Like this one:
Amazon.

Connect the DVD directly into this, and connect an HDMI cable from the HDMI output to the Smart TV. This will convert and upscale your DVD signal so your TV can accept it. Refer to this photo:
pIrFTq8.jpg
Hello.

If your TV does not have any Component input (only HDMI), then you will need to either to change your DVD....or get a Component to HDMI converter.

What are your individual model numbers for the Technics, Sound System and Smart TV? I will check the available connections and guide you on your options.

MargaretFawkes

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016

Ok. Your TV does not support any composite, Svideo (that circular plug with four pins), or component signal. Your DVD only had composite (yellow white red) and S-video (4-pin). Your only way of connecting your DVD player is to use a svideo/composite to HDMI converter.

Like this one:
Amazon.

Connect the DVD directly into this, and connect an HDMI cable from the HDMI output to the Smart TV. This will convert and upscale your DVD signal so your TV can accept it. Refer to this photo:
pIrFTq8.jpg

Solution