How do i connect my RCA passive speakers to my subwoofer with speaker wire outputs?

Julle1409

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
I have a two passive speakers that connects with RCA. I want to connect the speakers to my Edifier S330D subwoofer. The subwoofer have speaker wire outputs and a builtin amplifier (It's a 2.1 speaker system). How can I connect the speakers to my subwoofer? How can a convert speaker wire into RCA?

- Julle1409

Are they RCA plugs or bannana plugs?

Can you give us a model of the speakers or at least a picture?

If it is banana plugs thyen just get some banana plugs and wire speaker to that.
However we dont want to assume those plugs are for an amplified signal.

Julle1409

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

So I just cut the cable and plug it in? It wont damage the subwoofer or speakers?

Julle1409

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

It is RCA plugs. I can't find the specific speakers, because they're a bit old. They're from an old CD-player system where the speakers were connected to a CD player (which have an inbuilt amplifier, just like the subwoofer). The speakers were connected with RCA cables to the CD- player. They look a bit like these: http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/4X0AAOxy4~BSSRbV/s-l225.jpg

madmatt30

Honorable
Assuming the speakers are 8ohm , the that sub outputs at 5ohm according to its specs so its theoretically OK to plug those speakers in.

However don't expect them to miraculously sound better , the speaker outputs on that sub will only output high freqencies & you'll probably get very low volume out of it.

Julle1409

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

Thanks! So it is 100% safe to give it a try and plug the speakers in?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
taylorfla Audio 1
Nitin gawkar Audio 0
L Audio 9
M Audio 1
N Audio 7
C Audio 1
N Audio 1
V Audio 13
R Audio 1
L Audio 1
M Audio 7