How do i connect my RCA passive speakers to my subwoofer with speaker wire outputs?

Julle1409

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
I have a two passive speakers that connects with RCA. I want to connect the speakers to my Edifier S330D subwoofer. The subwoofer have speaker wire outputs and a builtin amplifier (It's a 2.1 speaker system). How can I connect the speakers to my subwoofer? How can a convert speaker wire into RCA?

- Julle1409

Julle1409

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

So I just cut the cable and plug it in? It wont damage the subwoofer or speakers?

Julle1409

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

It is RCA plugs. I can't find the specific speakers, because they're a bit old. They're from an old CD-player system where the speakers were connected to a CD player (which have an inbuilt amplifier, just like the subwoofer). The speakers were connected with RCA cables to the CD- player. They look a bit like these: http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/4X0AAOxy4~BSSRbV/s-l225.jpg

Assuming the speakers are 8ohm , the that sub outputs at 5ohm according to its specs so its theoretically OK to plug those speakers in.

However don't expect them to miraculously sound better , the speaker outputs on that sub will only output high freqencies & you'll probably get very low volume out of it.

Julle1409

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

Thanks! So it is 100% safe to give it a try and plug the speakers in?