how do i find ES File Explorer on my Samsung tablet

Solution
Samsung devices come with their own file manager "My Files" which lets you browse both built-in flash and SD card but not network. At least before it didn't let you delete or rename files so it's kind of limited.

For apps, Solid Explorer Classic is pretty good, it has ads on the bottom until you pay $1.99

estrong ES File Explorer once had a good rep but has gone to total poo with ad-infested popups and as much memory usage as a browser or the OS. The huge number of always-on processes cuts battery life with ES file explorer installed in half, plus estrong is based in China requires granting both storage and network access... Stay far away.

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
Samsung devices come with their own file manager "My Files" which lets you browse both built-in flash and SD card but not network. At least before it didn't let you delete or rename files so it's kind of limited.

For apps, Solid Explorer Classic is pretty good, it has ads on the bottom until you pay $1.99

estrong ES File Explorer once had a good rep but has gone to total poo with ad-infested popups and as much memory usage as a browser or the OS. The huge number of always-on processes cuts battery life with ES file explorer installed in half, plus estrong is based in China requires granting both storage and network access... Stay far away.

Solution

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
My Files does allow you to delete, rename and remove files. I can't remember any version that haven't been able to do that. At one point, right after Google dropped native SD card support in Android (4-5 years ago?), file management on SD cards became really messy for about a year. During that time it was a nuisance to manage files on SD cards. Google was thankfully bullied into adding native SD card support on their next major update.

Third party apps like Solid Explorer and ES does add nifty features, like network share support and other things, but like the BFG said, beware of ad funded apps. They're often buggy and annoying.