How do I fix this Virus?? Please Help!!!!

OmGitsNaman

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
I connected a usb pen drive to my pc and some sort of virus spread in my computer from the drive. All my game files have been converted into shortcuts in .exe format and if I try to recover them from softwares, they delete those files saying that they are harmful, so is there any way to recover the original files without deleting them?

P.S.- Steam and origin are not able to detect the games so I have to download them again. Please Hurry! Thanks!

Solution
been there! it doesn't completely go away without a windows reinstallation. install windows again, run in safe mode with networking. after the pc starts, don't open any drives. just open browser and download any antivirus or anti malware software. run a full scan, restart in normal mode. things should be okay

heavyartillary9

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
well first, if the usb did it to your games, I would suggest smashing it with a very large object, then if you got them off steam and origin you should just be able to re download them all

biosvn

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
been there! it doesn't completely go away without a windows reinstallation. install windows again, run in safe mode with networking. after the pc starts, don't open any drives. just open browser and download any antivirus or anti malware software. run a full scan, restart in normal mode. things should be okay

Solution