Solved! How do I format an embeded netbook

Marsman_40

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
I have a netbook that is running windows ce embedded and right out of the box, it has a explorer error so absolutly nothing works! you can't click on anything or navigate anywhere. So my question is how do I reformat an embedded netbook without a hdd? and then how would I go about reinstalling windows ce on it? Is this at all possible? Or is the netbook toast?

Solution
Depending on the netbook there are usually some key combos that launch a system restore. You can consult the manual or the manufacturer's webpage for documentation about how to do that. Also, some netbooks allow you to connect an external DVD drive so you can boot from it and install an OS from there. A lot of people choose to install diferent OSes on netbooks, particularly linux distros, like that.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Depending on the netbook there are usually some key combos that launch a system restore. You can consult the manual or the manufacturer's webpage for documentation about how to do that. Also, some netbooks allow you to connect an external DVD drive so you can boot from it and install an OS from there. A lot of people choose to install diferent OSes on netbooks, particularly linux distros, like that.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS