How do I get my lg sound bar (sh2) subwoofer to increase it's sound. Wired connection.

Solution
Not at all sure, to be honest, about this: "Audio cable connection from dish receiver box to sound bar".

Do you have the Owner's Manual?

Does the following link match your product?

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-SH2

Are you able to provide more detail about the devices, the cables, ports, and the connection paths that you are using?

For example:

Dish receiver ---signal ----> Sharp TV----> lg sound bar ------> sub-woofer/speakers.

With more detail per ports, cables, and connectors.

More information is needed.

Do other speakers and/or another sub-woofers work? Can you test the sound bar on another setup?

Determine if the problem follows the speaker/sub-woofer set up or stays with the PC/audio source.

What specific connectivity are you using?

However, if on a pc, start by right clicking the small speaker icon - usually in the lower right screen corner.

Go into "Playback devices", find your device and check the configuration/properties settings.

Try the troubleshooter there as well.

Windows 10? Use "WIN" + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot for more troubleshooting options.

Not at all sure, to be honest, about this: "Audio cable connection from dish receiver box to sound bar".

Do you have the Owner's Manual?

Does the following link match your product?

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-SH2

Are you able to provide more detail about the devices, the cables, ports, and the connection paths that you are using?

For example:

Dish receiver ---signal ----> Sharp TV----> lg sound bar ------> sub-woofer/speakers.

With more detail per ports, cables, and connectors.

Solution

gsagehorn1

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Hello, sorry not very tech savvy. That is the link for the sound bar. Dish receiver optical cable to sound bar. Two wires from sound bar to subwoofer. Dish remote , tv remote and sound bar remote all will work on sound bar. Not on subwoofer. There is low sound coming out of subwoofer but will no get any louder when press volume + with any remote. Thanks hope this helps.

Was the sub-woofer included with the sound bar? I believe so but the Owner's Manual is very much mute regarding the sub-woofer.

Doublecheck the wiring connections per Page 13 of the Owner's Manual.

And, per Page 7, on the Soundbar Remote there are Volume + and - buttons for the speakers and Woofer Level + and - buttons for the Subwoofer' volume.

Take a look at Pages 21 and 22 regarding sound adjustment and troubleshooting. Take a look at the sound effect section and the note just below.

The goal is to eliminate some misconnection/wiring issue or sound configuration error.

Then the problem may be a defect in the sound bar, the sub-woofer, or the remote.

gsagehorn1

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Thanks for your help. I tried most of that. I tried adjusting the sound levels , different ways and was finally able to get more volume out of subwoofer using all three remotes at different volume levels.thanks again for your help.