Solved! How do I know if its the lcd screen I need to replace or the cable on my Dell In

goddesssheri

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
I have a Dell Inspirion 1545. I am trying to figure out if I have to replace the LCD screen or the cable. If its the screen how do I know what backlight I have??

Solution
Alright - if you can turn on your laptop but see no picture -and if you shine a flashlight on your screen, does it show anything? If you see a picture but with no light - your backlight is gone, if you don't see a picture - well your LCD screen might be pooched.

If you google your laptop model and backlight - i'm sure theres already been some people who have replaced their backlight/inverter/lcd. Be warned - it might be hard to do for a first time user!

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Alright - if you can turn on your laptop but see no picture -and if you shine a flashlight on your screen, does it show anything? If you see a picture but with no light - your backlight is gone, if you don't see a picture - well your LCD screen might be pooched.

If you google your laptop model and backlight - i'm sure theres already been some people who have replaced their backlight/inverter/lcd. Be warned - it might be hard to do for a first time user!

Solution