How do i know if the headphone impedance is acceptable to run from my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melodyazzz

Estimable
Jun 24, 2015
Hi guys, can anyone help me to understand about impedance, or mainly if my computer able to play the headset nicely?

Its a gaming headset Sennheiser Game One.
I checked the specs, it has 50 ohms

I got this in my Audio:
Intel(R) Display Audio
NVIDIA HD audio
NVDIA V audio Device
Realtek HD Audio

My Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X UDH5H

I prefer not to get another soundcard at this moment if possible.

Thank you.

Solution
for future reference t is correct to go by both impedance and efficiency as this gives a better idea of how hard they are to power. using just one or the other will not give a good answer. the game one is based on the hd518/hd558 which are easy to drive so i would think you should have no trouble. most onboard can handle them fine with the exceptions being very poor quality onboard or low end products. of course a good amp can make them sound a bit better but that is optional in most cases.
for future reference t is correct to go by both impedance and efficiency as this gives a better idea of how hard they are to power. using just one or the other will not give a good answer. the game one is based on the hd518/hd558 which are easy to drive so i would think you should have no trouble. most onboard can handle them fine with the exceptions being very poor quality onboard or low end products. of course a good amp can make them sound a bit better but that is optional in most cases.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.