Solved! I bought a female to dual male audio splitter for my pc, yet there's nothing coming from the mic on my headset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2021
I have a JBL Quantum 100 which said in the manual that if I have seperate headphone and microphone audio ports to get my own splitter, which I did, yet the microphone is not picking anything up, no sound whatsoever. I checked devices and it does detect a microphone with the Realtek audio driver, yet no audio is coming from it even when the mic is plugged in on the headset. I would appreciate some help fixing it. I got it not too long ago.

raykneale

Honorable
Oct 5, 2017
Audio splitters don't carry two separate signals ,they are designed to split one input into two so two sets of headphones can share the same output ,you probably need some sort of audio switch i.e. 2 inputs 1 output with a manual switch to select the desired source ,

Jan 21, 2021
Audio splitters don't carry two separate signals ,they are designed to split one input into two so two sets of headphones can share the same output ,you probably need some sort of audio switch i.e. 2 inputs 1 output with a manual switch to select the desired source ,
https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Sp...ywords=headset+splitter&qid=1611349812&sr=8-3
I bought this splitter, which should split the microphone and headphone audio, and it is detected as a microphone

raykneale

Honorable
Oct 5, 2017
Sorry
Your purchase seems to check out ,further research shows previous buyers have had same trouble ,but this was corrected by pushing the jacks home until a satisfying click is heard ,apparently it takes a bit of force to complete the operation .
Kind Regards
Stay Safe

Jan 21, 2021
Sorry
Your purchase seems to check out ,further research shows previous buyers have had same trouble ,but this was corrected by pushing the jacks home until a satisfying click is heard ,apparently it takes a bit of force to complete the operation .
Kind Regards
Stay Safe
I can hear audio just fine, the microphone audio is just static though, that's my main problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.