how do i make my sd card my default for music and pictures as not given any choice

wahlbergfan01

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
i have a samsung tab 3 and want to know how do i make my sd card my default for music and pictures as not given any choice when sd card is inserted many thanks

Solution
Well you need three things. 1. Your tablet must be running, or able to upgrade to, Android "Marshmallow. 2. Your device needs to have not had this option restricted by the manufacturer (which does happen). and 3. The following instructions.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then...
Well you need three things. 1. Your tablet must be running, or able to upgrade to, Android "Marshmallow. 2. Your device needs to have not had this option restricted by the manufacturer (which does happen). and 3. The following instructions.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution