how do I move my photos on my Droid to my SD card on my Android phone

Solution
Well there are a few ways. You can check in the phones gallery program and see if it allows for moving them over. Usually it will be one at a time.

You can download and install an app (there are a few) that will help you move them over and manage them. But these apps have drawbacks of wanting permissions etc.

Or you can connect the phone to a computer via USB, move the files over to a folder on the computer, organize them however you want (sub-folders, new names, specific order, etc.,) and then copy them all back over to the SD card rather than to the phone itself.

I say 'copy' rather than move because it is always best to save a copy of your photos, videos, etc., to a computer or cloud account so that you don't lose them should the...
Well there are a few ways. You can check in the phones gallery program and see if it allows for moving them over. Usually it will be one at a time.

You can download and install an app (there are a few) that will help you move them over and manage them. But these apps have drawbacks of wanting permissions etc.

Or you can connect the phone to a computer via USB, move the files over to a folder on the computer, organize them however you want (sub-folders, new names, specific order, etc.,) and then copy them all back over to the SD card rather than to the phone itself.

I say 'copy' rather than move because it is always best to save a copy of your photos, videos, etc., to a computer or cloud account so that you don't lose them should the phone be lost, stolen, die, the files get accidentally deleted, etc.

Solution

timmyleeturner

Honorable
May 28, 2013
How can you figure out where to put them? The existing folders on the phone are a confusing maze. I took me 8 hours to be able to view a few mp3's that were on my SD card and couldn't be found. I finally uploaded them my Google Drive and downloaded them again and found them, but I doubt if I could repeat the process. The folders on the SD card are strange if you look at them in a file manager.

Sep 20, 2018
change app by mixing up the photos:):):)