Solved! How do I pair 2 bluetooth subwoofers to a Yamaha soundbar YAS-207 BL?

Jul 30, 2019
Each speaker works independently. Yamaha states pairing isn't possible. I can't believe that there isn't some way to get both speakers to work as a pair. Please help.

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
Solution
Jul 30, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I believe i understand the solution that you propose. My problem is that those bluetooth subwoofers are solid boxes. There are no ports or inputs available. All they have is a button on the back you hold in to pair with the soundbar. (Yes, I've tried holding down both speakers pairing buttons at the same time, only one will take upon release of the other one.)

Reactions: Sonic Illusions

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
Hmmm....that's a bit trickier than I thought. What's the make and model of your subs?

What about this then...get 2 BT transmitters, one for left signal and one for right. I would think you could pair each individually. Unplug the soundbar so it's bluetooth is off. Pair one x-mitter and sub with the other sub off, leave the first one on, then turn the second sub on and pair with the second transmitter. Unless anyone else can chime in, it's an experiment that may or may not pay off. The worst thing you may have to do is return the products you can't use.

Each speaker works independently. Yamaha states pairing isn't possible. I can't believe that there isn't some way to get both speakers to work as a pair. Please help.

Well first thing, the subwoofers are not likely to be using bluetooth to connect to the sound bar, the bluetooth part of the soundbar is the fact you can connect bluetooth devices to it like your phone, tablet, laptop, etc.. for audio.

That soundbar comes with one sub, did you buy/find a second one somewhere and want to pair it to the main sound bar? That would have to be engineered into the soundbar and Yamaha said one sub on it.

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
The signal needs to be split before the soundbar into an analog signal, so the left and right can be separated. With an HDMI splitter, one HDMI output connects to soundbar, the other connects to the DAC, where the left and right audio signals can be connected to one Bluetooth transmitter for each channel (L/R), then BT transmitted separately to the subs. Theoretically it's possible, but as I mentioned, an experiment that may or may not pay off. Sounds like a fun endeavor to me! If it works, we're onto something...

The signal needs to be split before the soundbar into an analog signal, so the left and right can be separated. With an HDMI splitter, one HDMI output connects to soundbar, the other connects to the DAC, where the left and right audio signals can be connected to one Bluetooth transmitter for each channel (L/R), then BT transmitted separately to the subs. Theoretically it's possible, but as I mentioned, an experiment that may or may not pay off. Sounds like a fun endeavor to me! If it works, we're onto something...

The subs are not connected to the main soundbar with bluetooth, so anything after that won't work.

Last edited: