How do I pair custom speakers wirelessly?

jsmith38

Estimable
May 27, 2015
I have recently salvaged a pair of speakers from an old sound system and am trying to repurpose them. I want to make the speakers wireless with a Bluetooth transceiver, however I’m having trouble figuring out how to pair the speakers together while still keeping them individually wireless.

Are there transceivers that do this? Do I have to build my own? Any input is helpful, I’m pretty novice when it comes to electronic hardware.

Solution
The module you've selected is for mostly for RS232-over-bluetooth applications, you will have hard time using it for audio.

First of all, whether you will use your speakers wired or wireless, you need an amplifier (or your old sound system with working Aux-In).

If your want to play audio from your smartphone / tablet over Bluetooth, you will need one (and only one) Bluetooth receiver like this one - you connect the other end to the amplifier' audio input.

jsmith38

Estimable
May 27, 2015

So if I bought two of these models...

http://www.banggood.com/BLE-CC2541-Bluetooth-4_0-UART-Transceiver-Serial-Module-p-961876.html?currency=USD&createTmp=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_content=saul&utm_campaign=Electronic-xie-us&gclid=CN6giM_S4sUCFcMSHwodjk8Adg

...I assume one would send an Tx to the speaker itself, as well as a Tx to the other reciever in the paired speaker. I guess my question would then be, how do I make sure the two pair together?

The module you've selected is for mostly for RS232-over-bluetooth applications, you will have hard time using it for audio.

First of all, whether you will use your speakers wired or wireless, you need an amplifier (or your old sound system with working Aux-In).

If your want to play audio from your smartphone / tablet over Bluetooth, you will need one (and only one) Bluetooth receiver like this one - you connect the other end to the amplifier' audio input.

Solution