How do I program a magnavox universal remote to my tcl roku tv so I can connect to the Internet

Solution
What happened to your Roku remote? How old is the magnavox universal compared to your TCL?
Tell us what model TCL you have as well as what model universal remote you have so that we can look up specs for these.

Chances are, you may just need to get a replacement remote for the TV, which is honestly the best option since it'll offer you full compatibility and work like it should with navigating the TV menus and apps.

To get a replacement remote simply search on a site like Amazon for the year or model of your TV and the words Roku TV Remote.

For example, I personally have a TCL 49S405 which is the 50" UHD 4K TCL Roku TV (2017 Model) and to find a replacement remote I type in the search on Amazon: 2017 Roku TV remote. Or TCL Roku...

xSimply1337x

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
What happened to your Roku remote? How old is the magnavox universal compared to your TCL?
Tell us what model TCL you have as well as what model universal remote you have so that we can look up specs for these.

Chances are, you may just need to get a replacement remote for the TV, which is honestly the best option since it'll offer you full compatibility and work like it should with navigating the TV menus and apps.

To get a replacement remote simply search on a site like Amazon for the year or model of your TV and the words Roku TV Remote.

For example, I personally have a TCL 49S405 which is the 50" UHD 4K TCL Roku TV (2017 Model) and to find a replacement remote I type in the search on Amazon: 2017 Roku TV remote. Or TCL Roku Remote 2017. Or anything like that to specify the make and model of the system the remote will be used for and I find a plethora of suppliers offering a compatible remote for less than $10 USD.

Solution
Unless the magnavox "universal" remote happens to have the TCL codes in its' memory and it has all the functions of the original you won't be able to use it to control the TV. A Harmony Logitech remote is programmed from their online database of IR codes so will almost certainly have the codes for your TV.