How do I record desktop on Nvidia's ShadowPlay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerbolt

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
You can't. ShadowPlay only works in full screen gaming. Before you ask, no it doesn't work with Minecraft full screen either. ;) I've been through the motions with this problem myself. Your best solution is to get another recording software (I would strongly recommend OBS -- Open Broadcast Software). It can record in full HD video, stream to Twitch.tv or what have you.

Hope I helped. Cheers!

AuroraHD

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
Thanks for the answers guys! I got it working now. Reason I'm using shadow play, is because fraps makes minecraft lag spike hardly. I just tried it with shadow play, and same results. Prob because it doesn't really record Mimecraft itself. Does anyone know any recording program that records with good frames and good quality? I've tried bandicam, but it only lowered frames by 10 and lags once in a while. Dxtory, I've tried the free version, recording was fine, but viewing the video was like looking at something that went from 60 fps to 30 to 20 then back up to 60

Powerbolt

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

OBS Open Broadcaster Software

https://obsproject.com/

I don't quite understand your issue with Desktop recording.

You say "makes minecraft lag spike hardly" for FRAPS and that you get the same results in Shadowplay?

SilverMonkss

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
STR:
1)open GeForce Experience
2)Top Right Corner, Click on "Preferences"
3)Enable Allow Desktop capture by toggling it.
4) Close GeForce
5)Play Around in Desktop
6)F9 -F9- F9- F9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Happy Recordings

SilverMonkss

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
STR:
1)open GeForce Experience
2)Top Right Corner, Click on "Preferences"
3)Enable Allow Desktop capture by toggling it.
4) Close GeForce
5)Play Around in Desktop
6)F9 -F9- F9- F9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Happy Recordings

jamhi

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Just go into NVidia control and look for the adjust desktop size and position,
You will find scaling options choose full screen or make sure full screen is selected.
A lot of times it auto selects aspect ratio and it makes your video recording a portion of the screen size.

Ie7ywJG.jpg

You're responding to a 3 1/2 year old thread.

Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.