How do I remove the empty DVD drive slot cover on Acer Aspire V5-561P?

greginfl

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Acer Aspire V5-561P
I have searched everywhere, but cannot find any information on removing the plastic cover that conceals the empty DVD bay. The laptop did not come with an optical drive, but does have a slot for one that I am now utilizing with a blu ray player. I have tried prying it off, but the force I am using seems excessive and wondering if I am even doing it right... I don't want to break anything. Anyone know how to remove this cover over the empty drive bay?

greginfl

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016

Thanks... There was one screw next to one of the many that hold the back cover in place. The screw was shallow and seemed in line with the drive. Unscrewed and drive cover plate slid right out! Thanks.

greginfl

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016

Thanks... There was one screw next to one of the many that hold the back cover in place. The screw was shallow and seemed in line with the drive. Unscrewed and drive cover plate slid right out! Thanks.

greginfl

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
There was one screw next to one of the many that hold the back cover in place. The screw was shallow and seemed in line with the drive. Unscrewed and drive cover plate slid right out!

Yup. Exactly the same way most optical drives are secured in many laptops. A single screw. :D