how do i remove this strange noise from my recordings?

Solution
Oh since it's a laptop, sometimes when the battery is charging, it can cause distortion. Try it by taking the battery out and see if that helps and just run it by the power supply. Make sure the power supply is nowhere near the wires from the headset also.
First off, I'm pretty sure it isn't the mic. It is some kind of distortion, like the gain is set to high. Use the back headphone/mic jacks instead of the fronts. If you're using the back ports and still getting the distortion, you might want to check the windows and sound chip settings and adjust as needed(not sure what mobo you're using). The sound chip could be realtek or others, but they work pretty much the same.

Also, it could be the onboard sound isn't good. Usually, onboard sound doesn't have many problems. Or you could be getting some inference from the computer itself.

Try the things suggested and get back to us with more info, like model of mobo(or laptop) and model of the headsets.

Happy distortion free listening, the Prisoner...

Cody Kirker

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014

I am using a Sony Vaio Model PCG-71912L and it only has one mic jack on the front left side. i have the laptop hooked up to a TV through HDMI because the screen doesnt work right but the laptop its self works fine. i have unplugged the HDMI and still have the weird background noise.

Oh since it's a laptop, sometimes when the battery is charging, it can cause distortion. Try it by taking the battery out and see if that helps and just run it by the power supply. Make sure the power supply is nowhere near the wires from the headset also.

Solution