How do i set my samsung galaxy s4 mini, sd card to be a default storage for videos, photos, downloads e.t.c?

Mike_158

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
Hi there,

I have a samsung galaxy s4 mini, i do not like to use an internal storage to keep files.
I only need apps on it, so let me know how to change the default storage to be an sd card?

Thanks
Mike.

Solution
Pretty much any file browser app will allow you to move files (not apps) around. Your phone should even come with one installed, probably called "My Files" or something. Alternatively, there are dozens of apps like that on the Play Store. Barring that, you can even plug your phone into a PC and move them around like that; your phone's internal storage and SD card will show up much like a USB drive might, and you will be able to navigate through the folders.
Pretty much any file browser app will allow you to move files (not apps) around. Your phone should even come with one installed, probably called "My Files" or something. Alternatively, there are dozens of apps like that on the Play Store. Barring that, you can even plug your phone into a PC and move them around like that; your phone's internal storage and SD card will show up much like a USB drive might, and you will be able to navigate through the folders.

Solution

wilburwilma

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
Click on your camera app to open it and then it is ready to take a picture. When that happens, Go to the black area on the bottom left of your phone (below Mode) and click, choosing "Settings" (Not quick settings). Once there, you see 3 tabs up top, go to the far right one of settings and in the drop down menu, pick storage. Once there, pick Memory Card over Device.