How do I set the default download location to my SD card on a LG Optimus L9 P769?

Cedarstorm02

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
How do I set the default download location to my SD card on a LG Optimus L9 P769? I saw another thing on here explaining how to do it but I cannot follow those steps on my phone since I don't have those choices in the settings.

Solution
Unfortunately your device cannot do that, at least not for downloads or most apps. That is because you are running an older version of Android (Ice Cream Sandwich) where as to do as you are wanting, which is the make the SD Card "Internal" rather than "External" requires at least "Marshmallow".

You may be able to get certain items set to go directly to the card. You can change the settings in many apps (including some cameras, games, etc.) to save to the card. You can also move all photos, videos, music, etc. over to the card, as well as any movable apps. This would free up a lot of space on the tablet.

Now if you can somehow update the device (it is quite a bit older of an OS so it may not) to "Marshmallow" then you can try the...
Unfortunately your device cannot do that, at least not for downloads or most apps. That is because you are running an older version of Android (Ice Cream Sandwich) where as to do as you are wanting, which is the make the SD Card "Internal" rather than "External" requires at least "Marshmallow".

You may be able to get certain items set to go directly to the card. You can change the settings in many apps (including some cameras, games, etc.) to save to the card. You can also move all photos, videos, music, etc. over to the card, as well as any movable apps. This would free up a lot of space on the tablet.

Now if you can somehow update the device (it is quite a bit older of an OS so it may not) to "Marshmallow" then you can try the change for the card. However, you would have to start with a clean/empty card. Why? Well, because when the card is set to "Internal" it is formatted, which would erase anything on it, and also encoded to work with only that device. So you can't take it out and access the info on other devices (phones, other tablets, computers, etc.).

Solution