How do i stop pop-ups and downloads on Google Chrome?

Ferrariassassin

Estimable
Jul 3, 2014
I have tried going to "Settings", "Content settings", and than "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)" and it did not help any, in fact i have seen much more Pop-Ups since i did this. Is there any way i can stop Pop-Ups on Google Chrome from popping up is is it not possible now days? Also a lot of times for no reason things will download without me even asking and not even my Payed version of AVG AntiVirus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium gives a damn to stop it. I mean my PC runs smooth and perfectly it has no Viruses or such on it it just has so much problems. I do not have any Hijacker Viruses on my Web Browser or any Fake search providers sneaking their way into it it is all clean with only Google Specified programs in it. One time me and my Girl was watching Pirated of the Caribbean and when we click play around 34 Pop ups come up, they are nothing bad just some fake crap saying i need to update my PC and other crap to trick me into Downloading a virus, one even said i needed to update my Windows XP yet i have WIndows 8.1 XD lmao. But even if i exit out it still downloads the crap and i gotta Clean my PC once more and it does this on almost any site except trustworthy sites such as Facebook, Youtube, ex. It may just be a Myth and Legend but i have heard of foretold stories of an ancient and powerful Program that can summon powers from God himself and use that mystical power to stop Pop-ups and unwanted downloads from ever happening. I do not believe such a thing could exist as it would cause the end to all of humanity, but just maybe............just maybe.....I will find that power......If you know where i can find this, this Godly of a program that can do such a thing.....Please help me :/