how do i stream a movie that is on my computer not on line not on youtube its a movie i have saved on my computer . i just got

HIYIELD

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
i am using a roku and plex for roku ,plex is the software ,stream is from my computer to the roku im looking for some one that has got the files up on the roku youtube is of no help

Entomber

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
Who or what are you trying to stream this movie to?

If you're in the United States this is definitely illegal. Other countries, I'm not so sure about copyright laws, but I doubt it's legal, either.

HIYIELD

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
thanks good video :) my roku is not finding the server not sure, i did turn off firewall and well that was not it i have never seen this video and it sounds easy thanks but :( the files are not showing up and i can't find the one video gets me past the file config :( the roku is working and finds my account so does my computer. its almost there :( just almost thanks for all your input and thanks for the link :)

HIYIELD

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014

I don't understand the reply, so you can see the shared folder but nothing underneath it? Are the movies in subfolders? Did you check to make sure the movie format will play on the Roku? Try putting a movie in the root of the shared folder the Roku does see.

HIYIELD

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014

there are no folders on the roku plex .... but on my computer it shows the folders in plex....i can go to youtube and hit plex it, and it will Q it to play on my roku using plex and it will play there on the roku