How do I switch audio inputs without hardware?

May 22, 2018
Hey everyone,

I have a PC with an ASUS B350-M PRO VDH motherboard. My pc case comes with an audio input, so as the motherboard. I have my headphones in the Motherboard and my speakers per aux cable in the case input.

Problem:

To use the speaker or headphone I have to plug one out for the other to receive. Is it possible to use a software that can split the inputs so I can switch between inputs without unplugging?

further info: my mainboard doesn't support Bluetooth which is why I have to use the aux.

Solution
on the motherboard user guild page 15 the JAUD1 port is the input and output for the front of the case. if your case has that connector and it connected then your all set. in the realteck audio control software is a small check box to make the front and rear audio two inputs.
Go into your realtek audio manager. If there isn't an icon in the bottom right, go to control panel, hardware and sound, realtek hd audio manager. In the top right there is a "device advanced settings" where you can select to make your outputs as 2 different streams.
on the motherboard user guild page 15 the JAUD1 port is the input and output for the front of the case. if your case has that connector and it connected then your all set. in the realteck audio control software is a small check box to make the front and rear audio two inputs.
Go into your realtek audio manager. If there isn't an icon in the bottom right, go to control panel, hardware and sound, realtek hd audio manager. In the top right there is a "device advanced settings" where you can select to make your outputs as 2 different streams.

Solution