how do i track my laptop H.p pro book 4530s

Solution
Even if you were able to "track" it... there isn't much you could do about it unless you're "rich or famous". This lady I know had her house broken into and they took a lot of her stuff including a new tablet she just bought. I tracked her tablet to an address and gave her the information I found... and when she went to the police they told her there was nothing they could do.. With all the tens of thousands of e-gadgets stolen each year no one is going to waste resources tracking stuff like that down for the "average joe". However, I do recall when an iPad was stolen from Steve Job's residence, there was a massive investigation going on... so you get the idea. Also, you can't just show up yourself. You go there and make trouble...
Unless you have spotted a time traveling delorean flying around then you really have no options here.

If it was just recently I would ask if you had teamviewer or other remote desktop software installed and you could possibly remote to it and have it find its location in google maps and possible the network address would also help.
Now that it is 3 months latter, your laptop has been looked through for any identity theft opportunities, reinstalled windows and has been already bought by someone on ebay or craigslist.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Even if you were able to "track" it... there isn't much you could do about it unless you're "rich or famous". This lady I know had her house broken into and they took a lot of her stuff including a new tablet she just bought. I tracked her tablet to an address and gave her the information I found... and when she went to the police they told her there was nothing they could do.. With all the tens of thousands of e-gadgets stolen each year no one is going to waste resources tracking stuff like that down for the "average joe". However, I do recall when an iPad was stolen from Steve Job's residence, there was a massive investigation going on... so you get the idea. Also, you can't just show up yourself. You go there and make trouble you could get yourself arrested or even shot. The best thing you can do is just let it go and get another one.

Solution