How do I uninstall Google Chrome 100%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2014
Not just uninstall it from the Control Panel, but to remove all traces of it and all files of it from every part of my computer? I have a problem with Chrome lagging (other browsers I have don't lag) and I have no idea and I gave up on trying to solve it. I'll just reinstall it however a regular reinstall doesn't work. I believe I need to remove all files then install it for it to work.

Solution
Actually, you need to delete the files located in the Hidden Folders in Windows.

Just go to Folder Options and select the option to SHOW HIDDEN FOLDERS...

After that.. go to AppData... then LOCAL... and then GOOGLE folder... open it and you will find Chrome there... that's your user data... DELETE IT.

I just checked on my computer... that's the only hidden folder for Chrome..

CRITICALThinker

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
In the c drive there may be some folder remaining under Program files, and Program files x86, as well as a disk cleanup to remove temp files. from my knowlege, it stores/steals some settings from within IE settings as well

Nov 5, 2014

So, how do I go about it?

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Actually, you need to delete the files located in the Hidden Folders in Windows.

Just go to Folder Options and select the option to SHOW HIDDEN FOLDERS...

After that.. go to AppData... then LOCAL... and then GOOGLE folder... open it and you will find Chrome there... that's your user data... DELETE IT.

I just checked on my computer... that's the only hidden folder for Chrome..

Solution

CRITICALThinker

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

Thanks, I wasn't completly sure about the process. you learn something every day

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
that's probably not 100% of Chrome, you'll also have other registry entries not listed with a 'chrome' tag but have the numerical address with a cr.dll tag instead. Best way I've found is install a program uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller, reinstall chrome, then use the uninstaller to hunt down all the leftovers. Also use ccleaner to finish cleaning all the temp files etc

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

But it's good enough if you have corruption... because that's where the corrupted files would be located... also doing the regular uninstall in windows should take care of other files. The reason why Browsers keep the hidden data there is so you'll have your settings and history still there when you decide to reinstall. I've done this lots of times with Firefox... works like a charm.

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
True, the Uninstaller will remove the files from the folders, it just has a tendency not to then remove the folders or any links afterwards. Not cleaning out all those empty folders doesn't do much other than slowing boot times down a little. Chrome isn't bad, yahoo has to be the worst, it leaves links everywhere, in tabs, browsers, menus etc and that gets annoying since they are all dead ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.