Solved! How do we hook up Smart tv to dvd/ blueray to old 90's Kenwood receiver?

Jan 30, 2021
Hello, we are new. Looking for advice to hook up our new LG 55un7300 Smart TV to Samsung Dvd/ blueray to our old mid 90's Kenwood AV Surround Receiver (VR-207).
We have photos of the backs of the devices. ( not sure how to upload photos). Can we make these work together?

Last edited:
Solution
Don't need BT.

From the DVD:
Video OUT (yellow) on the DVD goes to the Yellow/Green Video IN on the TV.
Red/White on the DVD goes to the Red and White Audio IN on the TV.
Jan 30, 2021
First you'll need a decent Bluetooth adapter (I got a Home Spot on Amazon and haven't regretted it once in the past five years. I attached a Sony A/V stereo system (stereo, radio, seven speaker surround and subwoofer, and DVD...) to my TCL Roku TV. You'll probably also need an optical cable since you're connecting two (or more?) things to one TV. And you will either need RCA cables (those are the ones with three different colored lines that plug into your old set). So that's three things so far, and they're all pretty cheap, but without pictures or something to go on, it's only guess work. Try to upload some pictures. It will save everyone a lot of time and trouble. Good luck and have a great day!

Jan 30, 2021
First you'll need a decent Bluetooth adapter (I got a Home Spot on Amazon and haven't regretted it once in the past five years. I attached a Sony A/V stereo system (stereo, radio, seven speaker surround and subwoofer, and DVD...) to my TCL Roku TV. You'll probably also need an optical cable since you're connecting two (or more?) things to one TV. And you will either need RCA cables (those are the ones with three different colored lines that plug into your old set). So that's three things so far, and they're all pretty cheap, but without pictures or something to go on, it's only guess work. Try to upload some pictures. It will save everyone a lot of time and trouble. Good luck and have a great day!
Which HomeSpot did you use?

Jan 30, 2021
Don't need BT.

From the DVD:
Video OUT (yellow) on the DVD goes to the Yellow/Green Video IN on the TV.
Red/White on the DVD goes to the Red and White Audio IN on the TV.
Thank you. We are trying to get the audio from the Smart TV to play through our vintage mid 90's receiver and 5.1 speaker set up. It is a Kenwood receiver.