How do you activate an SD card on an Android cell phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
You have to manually copy programs to the SD card.
Tap on settings button(looks like three little lines) tap on manage apps, then tap on downloaded(or all) then tap on whatever programs you downloaded, and if it can be moved to the SD card the "Move to SD card" will be lit up and you can tap on that to move the program to the SD card.

G

There's not much you can move to SD cards in android. Especially KitKat. Photos and music is about it, so forget about moving apps to SD cards until Android makes changes, PERIOD!

leasare

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015

I have a fusion 3 with a 32 gig SD card. I have several apps on my card. Including Pandora..Netflix..Facebook messenger and about a dozen games plus pics and vids. Apps I had to manually move there but android does allow storage of SD cards

R Matrix

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
I found that I just had to sit down with my phone and go through every pertinent "settings" menu that I could find on my phone. It turned out not to be so boring.

You'll find something that will allow you to transfer a whole bunch of stuff to the SD Card, all at one time. But we can't retrieve it with normal cell phone usage.

Now, I have find out how this phone will tell me when I can periodically transfer items to the SD C.

But, i did find my photos on my SD C in the Gallery App.

Using the SD C is a one way storage.

It seems we are prevented from utilizing the information on our SD C using our phone, except the pictures in Gallery.

The only resolution that I have just been made to accept is that:
The SD card must be accessed via a computer and a USB cable.

Micah G

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
After reading this thread i'm incredibly disappointed with android. Now i'm no programmer and I don't know if it's a hardware thing or a coding problem but this is something they need to address. It's incredibly frustrating to have a low data phone and be able to have no more then a few small to medium apps because they can't run apps off an SD card. I didn't buy an SD card so i can have 16 GB of photos, videos, etc i bought one so i could have more then my email, Facebook, and Pandora downloaded to my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.